[p2p-research] [p2p energy economy] p2p - Systems Modeling - How to Talk about Anything p2p with Anyone

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 03:10:32 CEST 2009

I know the word "peer" is very powerful.

To me, the word "peer" (and more specifically "peer to peer") immediately
references "equal empowerment" (as in eliminating inequities, and I hope not
"equality" as in eliminating differences)

I think that's something people can understand.

To boil it down to pictures and popular meme we need to identify the _power
words_ and spend time tying all such _power words_  to specific definitions.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a couple more calls today.  I find that briefing people on p2p
> systems, briefing people who have no experience in p2p systems, is
> impossible.
>
> Well, nearly so, anyways.  I'll say it is time consuming.  It requires a
> lot of hypothetical examples.  It requires conversation to find some of the
> more complex experiences that people have had in order to evolve a p2p
> system out of the space they are already familiar with.
>
> So, it's not impossible.
>
> I'm working on ways to represent perspectives in this kind of
> conversation.  With pictures.   Lots of pretty, simple pictures.
>
> So...about ethos... it's about behavior, our own or our own perceptions of
> the external  behavior of others, internal orientation like thoughts dreams
> and values and outlook, as well as the internal expectations we have about
> the systems we perceive as having a relationship to us.
>
> In short, first, second, and third person perspectives.  I/We, You/Us,
> It/Those
>
> When we start to talk about how We act, behave, treat, entertain, or work,
> I'm of the opinion that being explicit will help a whole lot.
>
> There are sooo many different pieces that show up depending on the
> experience of the participants, the nature and location of the system/work
> being done, and the work itself as a matter of order of complexity.
>
> I beg your forgiveness on these lists as I may, ever now and again, jump in
> and offer what I can as far as additional precision where possible, and hope
> you will consider it an invitation to correct and build together a more
> specific language that will potentially be wider received.
>
> Alex

Marc Fawzi
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Marc-Fawzi/605919256
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcfawzi