[p2p-research] simpler way wiki

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 04:23:27 CEST 2009

Re my discussion of social housing as the fourth leg of a "Quadruple
Alliance," I meant to add that Steinbeck's positive portrayal of the
government-run migrant farmworker camps in The Grapes of Wrath is an
illustration of another way of doing the same thing.  At the barebones
minimum, a tent city on cheap land organized along the lines of one of
those corporate campgrounds or RV parks, with individual tent
(hexayurt?) spaces and community water taps and composting toilets,
might provide at least an indefinite source of safe and secure
shelter, and would be a lifesaver for those who really needed it.
Some sort of shared transportation could be used to ferry residents to
and from the Fab Lab/Net Cafe/Community Garden sites.

And in either this or the earlier YMCA model, labor in the garden or
maintenance and support work at the Fab Lab and Cafe might be traded
for living space.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism