[p2p-research] urgent request for reactions to pirate bay verdict query

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 11:39:33 CEST 2009

Thanks to all for adding your five cents to this comment at
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/pirate-bay-found-guilty-1-year-in-prison/2009/04/18

*Timi Stoop-Alcala<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/wp-admin/comment.php?action=editcomment&c=409101>
*
http://timi.winoli.com/omiblog | timi.alcala at mediacatalyst.com |
80.126.185.224<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/wp-admin/edit-comments.php?s=80.126.185.224&mode=detail>

I want to know more about the consequences of the TPB verdict on p2p sharing
in general, so exactly the questions that Michel posted above. In addition,
I’m really curious to find out what P2P Foundation’s analysis is and stand
on the TPB case. I’m looking for references online that could give a more
in-depth analysis on this, but so far have found only news articles that
talk about the verdict and some that posit that Google is also committing
this ‘crime’. Maybe Michel and you guys already wrote about in your blog,
but I haven’t found it yet. If so, can you point it out to me or other
references you think would be handy to read?

Tomas, I tried unsuccessfully to append your catbot/plugin letter as a
comment to that article, thanks for trying to add it yourself, as it is very
pertinent to this issue,

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com