[p2p-research] "Pennsylvania pie fight," etc.

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 07:12:16 CEST 2009

Kevin,

I'm republishing this on the 19th, with the following intro, which I would
like you to address:

I find this argument addresses one of the elements of the dynamism of East
Asia, where in many countries, these regulations either do not exist or do
not apply. In a country like Thailand, where I live, this gives nearly
everyone a job with a living wage (or nearly so), though at the same time,
wherever it is applied, it is impossible to protect higher living standards
for any professions based on monopoly rents, making the system not
attractive for any country where a professional middle class exist thanks to
such protective regulations. It insures that there are many taxis, but none
of the taxi drivers are able to make a good living because anyone can join
their ranks, bringing any market prices down to the lowest possible level.

I will ask Kevin to address this question specifically.

(see
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/criminalizing-the-informal-economy-through-cost-plus-regulations/2009/04/19
)

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation: