[p2p-research] Fwd: online coverage of thai political crisis

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:28:59 CEST 2009

very interesting Andy,

I'll agree to disagree on the singapore/zimbabwe contrast ...

one more thing about our thailand discussion, which may have been two way
and private?, anyway, about the nature of the PAD: whatever it's social
critique may have been at the beginning, it's record is clear: 1)
fomenting/causing the military coup against a democratically elected
government  2) fomenting/causing a 2nd legal coup against idem; 3) proposing
to limit the electoral force of the mass of the voters 4) pushing for
harsher application of the Lese Majeste laws which have become the most
potent threat against free speech in thailand, a mere whisper of a threat of
accusation being enough to discredit any politician ... In my opinion, it is
the PAD which destroyed democracy and free speech in the country, or at very
least, they have been instrumentalized to achieve that aim.

Michel

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com