[p2p-research] Fwd: Follow up

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:41:30 CEST 2009

Well, both suggestions make a lot of sense.

However, for the second suggestion I have a problem with the definition of
"non scarce" and "immaterial" and, coincidentally Patrick was asking the
same question today on Stefan's list, and no one really is giving a
realistic answer, IMO.

Digital and services goods are not immaterial and they have actual costs (of
R&D, energy and maintenance) associated with the underlying infrastructure,
so I consider them "non scarce" but still bound to costs and subject to some
kind of sustainable exchange... So the question is what is the most liberal
kind of exchange that is still sustainable (given digital goods and services
do have costs)

Marc