[p2p-research] Prospect Magazine: After Capitalism

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 01:24:16 CEST 2009

I suppose I need some sort of systematic comparison of authoritarian and
neo-authoritarian or totalitarian versus neo-totalitarian.

I wonder if the choice of linkage is blinding.

I would just add, as an aside, that I am reading Dan Ariely's Predictably
Irrational and can highly recommend it through Chapter 3.  The idea of
anchoring of price views I've long known but his explanation is crystal
clear.   People who find supply and demand outrageous would like
Ariely...who has himself an extremely compelling personal story related to
extremely bad burns suffered as an Israeli soldier in a training accident.
He began his journey into behaviorial economics based on analyzing his own
pain and who paid for it when he endured treatments.

It is one of those books that is simple, almost simplistic, but extremely
enlightening.  I will try to write a coherent review for Michel at some
point, but it is a slow read despite the easy text--so much to think about!

Ryan Lanham