[p2p-research] Fwd: UK Research Funding with Non Academics ?

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:48:24 CEST 2009

I find this sort of theme very encouraging.  I applaud The Arts and
Humanities Research Council and those in the academy who push for greater
impact outside the university and for public engagement in general.  It is
very hard to do.  I fear that in many locations the walls between the arts
and social sciences in universities and "society" are greater than ever,
particularly in North America. One would hope this need not be positioned as
an obligation or requirement for promotions, etc.  I think the tone set
below by AHRC is almost ideal.

Ryan Lanham