[p2p-research] Fwd: Doors of Perception: April 2009 - Design in a thermo-industrial society

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 06:41:33 CEST 2009

Dear friends,

It would be nice if anyone could go through the p2p energy aspects of this
book, and report on it for the blog

is there anyone amongst us who is or wants to specalize in distributed
energy?

Michel

LOOK AT THE BIG NUMBERS, NOT AT THE SMALL NUMBERS (BOOK)
On the subject of eco information, I'm reading a fantastically useful new
book:
Sustainable energy - without the hot air. Its author, David McKay, Professor
of
Natural Philosophy at Cambridge University, has responded to an urgent
global
challenge: how to make sense of the conflicting claims and information
bandied
about on all matters eco. The book is filled with insights like this one:
"Leaving mobile phone chargers plugged in is often held up as an example of
behavioural eco-crime. The truth is that the amount of energy saved by
switching
off a phone charger is exactly the same as the energy used by driving an
average
car for one second". Prof McKay desevres a Nobel Prize for Usefulness. I
boughbt
the hardcopy, but you can download the book free:
http://www.withouthotair.com/