[p2p-research] (almost) Gone to Croatan

Josef Davies-Coates josef at uniteddiversity.com
Wed Sep 24 06:52:32 CEST 2008

I completely agree, but can't members agree on some broad commons objectives
first (e.g. only projects that members agree help to create viable p2p
infrastructures) but then freely choose how to allocate their funds within
that?

Of my 1%+ of income I contribute all of it goes on projects that have been
highly rated and agreed by members via an agreed process, but I'd like to be
able to choose to invest 40% in Open Source Ecology, 40% in the Ecological
Land Co-op, 10% to WorldFilmCollective and 10% to wiki and blog maintainers.

You might choose the same projects (or not) but with a different mix of
percentages.

Saying that, I'd be well up for insisting that a certain large percentage
can only be spend on land, but that might just be me :)

What do others think? Does what I outline above make sense? It is too
complicated?

Josef.