[p2p-research] New Platform

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:17:27 CEST 2008

Wow, great!

Matthew, I joined the site, and don't yet see where decisionmaking, or
resource pooling are happening. maybe you can point that out?

I am glad that many people are pursuing this. I think we should find a place
online to begin to collect knowledge about applications of resource pooling
(which is the term that I am using to describe what others are calling
"crowd funding" plus collective decision making, due-dilligence systems, and
other apparatus for group resource pooling).

Anyone have a suggestion for a good place? P2P wiki? I can offer a site that
is a community of interest/practice for this (with forum discussion, blog,
wiki, social bookmarking, rss aggregation)  What  I would like to do is
start to discuss and document and describe best practices as we all begin to
do this resource pooling thing, what is working, etc. We need to show people
that this can work, to help them understand that it is an alternative that
they can actually choose.

This is a big part of what we are doing and will be doing at
http://socialsynergyweb.org/oardc (Ohio Local Food Systems Collaborative)

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Matthew Cooperrider <
mattcooperrider at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm now working full-time on a project for a platform that will support
> crowdfunding, decision making, and a number of other related features.  The
> way that the platform is being managed may be of particular interest.
>
> http://iyear.us/about
>
> I've been busy with OneWebDay until yesterday, but I should be able to give
> an in-depth report soon.
>
> Matt Cooperrider

Sam Rose
Social Synergy