[p2p-research] (almost) Gone to Croatan

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:10:47 CEST 2008

> 1) I'm definitely interested in money/resource pooling, but would rather
> follow a lead in this. If Josef takes the lead, we can support him in the
> ways he requires ...

I will also gladly pool 1% of my income (which isn't much) toward
meeting the expenses of the P2P Foundation, because if nothing else I
want the Wiki and Blog archives to stay up as a reference source--and
I expect some people will continue to contribute to them.

> 2) merging of movements ... Again, I'm interested and have put forward some
> proposals in that sense. But you have to take into account both ego and
> branding, and 'visions'. Ego: people are invested in their projects; Brand:
> online brands, even if they at presently fail to generate much return, have
> value as well. What I'm saying is that I would be really reluctant to give
> up the 'brand' of p2p foundation. Visions: p2pfoundation and cooperation
> commons are related, but also different, their purpose is not the same.
>
> So, how would you create a higher entity, especially if you do not have any
> financial means to begin with. What would the purpose be of such a higher
> entity. Research (coop comm), political change (p2p found) ?

If nothing else, another movement could provide web-hosting services
to keep P2P Foundation material online, without any formal merger.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism