[p2p-research] pattern identification methodologies

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:52:06 CEST 2008

Ps.

Possibly Athina may have some insight into this, and Paul, both based on
research that they are currently doing...

I worked with Paul recently, and he showed me some algorithms that will draw
patterns in network graphs based on specified node-types (which could be
something like a category, for instance, that connects nodes). That
algorithm is the Girvan-Newman algorithm, using a "betweeness" clustering
algorithmand software is GUESS
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~ladamic/GUESS/index.html

Social network analysis is actually a very useful set of methods to look at
"techno-social" patterns.