[p2p-research] eunomia

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 16:05:49 CEST 2008

http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/an-irish-appeal-for-a-global-p2p-architecture-for-climate-change/2008/09/07

Dear friends,

I'm wondering if any of you is familiar with philip allot's eunomia, and
could make some considered comments?

I think it may be a building block of networked governance?

what about the context of the author being a UK Conservative?

I'm especially thinking of Paul Hartzog here .. Paul, any chance of a blog
entry on this?

Michel

*Professor Philip Allott in his two books Eunomia and The Health of Nations
- Society and Law beyond the State, has provided the theoretical vision for
international society as a society of which we, the people, are members, as
opposed to the conventional idea that it consists of a collection of states,
together with a number of intergovernmental organisations. And within the
last couple of decades, as Philippe Sands has written in his Principles of
International Environmental Law, in the environmental field, "international
law is gradually moving away from an approach which treats international
society as comprising a community of states, and is increasingly
encompassing the persona, (both legal and natural) within and among those
states".*

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: