[p2p-research] trade systems

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 04:45:23 CET 2008

Hi Paola,

I define p2p as communal shareholding (see
http://p2pfoundation.net/Relational_Model_Typology_-_Fiske) and not as gift
economy or as exchanges, but of course in a broad sense, as an alternative
to pure monetary exchange, you could list it as related to p2p

however, I have not been monitoring barter ..

but have a look at this list:
http://p2pfoundation.net/Peer_to_Peer_Exchanges

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:40 AM, <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hay Michel and all
>
> I recently joined this list, and this is my first post
>
> (funny how I came across this list not via Michel, who is my closer
> geographical and virtual connection to it, but through a member who is in
> italy via a Vietnam connecton after my recent trip there - complex small
> system is this world)
>
> Yesterday I came across a catalogue for Bartercard
> http://www.bartercard.com.au/
> and it struck me as an example of working p2p system
>
> any thoughts on this model, and do we have a list of such systems somewhere
> on the wiki?
>
> cheers
>
> Paola Di Maio

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: