[p2p-research] Basic income, was: Zeitgeist Addendum

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:13:35 CEST 2008

Hi Marco,

could you possibly correct the errors you found, you have access right?

for more material, you may want to go through:
http://delicious.com/mbauwens/Basic-Income

Michel

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:38 PM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 16:34:21 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:
>
> > I would rather see the basic income as an end of the road, as I
> > don't see how to politically achieve it in the short term
>
> I would like to read more about basic income. More exactly, I've
> already read some generic, basic descriptions and proposals pro basic
> income.  More links are welcome, but right now I'd specifically like
> to read about:
>
> 1) objections and attacks to basic income (the "this sucks and will
>   never work and here's why" kind of paper)
>
> 2) pro-basic-income papers which are specific answers /counter attacks
>   to the papers of type 1.
>
> Thanks in advance for any pointer. For the record, I've already found
> www.p2pfoundation.net/Basic_Income. I will (slowly) go through those
> links, but others are welcome.
>
> Another reason to ask for more is that I've found several problems in
> that page and, honestly, I don't know enough on the matter yet to dare
> fix it myself, that is to find myself and insert worthwhile links and
> comments.
>
> For example, several links in that page which fit the two points above
> return "page not found" or point to abstracts, not whole articles: cfr
> the "Resources in English - Articles" section. Another thing I've
> found is that www.bien.org isn't the Basic Income Earth Network
> anymore and even the Basic Income Studies (BIS) journal link returns a
> www.basicincomestudies.org: server not found error.
>
> TIA,
>        Marco
>
> PS: thanks in advance also for avoiding HTML, extra long quotes and
> top posting, see
>
> http://listcultures.org/pipermail/p2presearch_listcultures.org/2008-October/000819.html
>
> --
> Your own civil rights and the quality of your life heavily depend on how
> software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: