[p2p-research] Basic income, was: Zeitgeist Addendum

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Oct 10 09:38:54 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 16:34:21 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> I would rather see the basic income as an end of the road, as I
> don't see how to politically achieve it in the short term

I would like to read more about basic income. More exactly, I've
already read some generic, basic descriptions and proposals pro basic
income.  More links are welcome, but right now I'd specifically like
to read about:

1) objections and attacks to basic income (the "this sucks and will
   never work and here's why" kind of paper)

2) pro-basic-income papers which are specific answers /counter attacks
   to the papers of type 1.

Thanks in advance for any pointer. For the record, I've already found
www.p2pfoundation.net/Basic_Income. I will (slowly) go through those
links, but others are welcome.

Another reason to ask for more is that I've found several problems in
that page and, honestly, I don't know enough on the matter yet to dare
fix it myself, that is to find myself and insert worthwhile links and
comments.

For example, several links in that page which fit the two points above
return "page not found" or point to abstracts, not whole articles: cfr
the "Resources in English - Articles" section. Another thing I've
found is that www.bien.org isn't the Basic Income Earth Network
anymore and even the Basic Income Studies (BIS) journal link returns a
www.basicincomestudies.org: server not found error.

TIA,
	Marco

PS: thanks in advance also for avoiding HTML, extra long quotes and
top posting, see
http://listcultures.org/pipermail/p2presearch_listcultures.org/2008-October/000819.html

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84