[p2p-research] thinking about leapfrogging

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:03:37 CEST 2008

On 10/6/08, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

>  Incidentally, as the italian cooperatives in Emilia Romagna mentioned
>  by Kevin prove, if you don't change many other things around such
>  coops become just big corporations with more tax privileges, which put
>  independent, small scale producers out of business. Not really p2p and
>  small scale. But we digress.

I agree.  I have argued elsewhere that the economy of E-R is distorted
by its integration into a corporate global economy.  But its prevalent
local supply chains and small scale production mean it is ideally
suited to weather a collapse of the centralized global economy, and
shift from producing for the global market to producing for the
regional market, with a minimum of dislocation compared to
conventional enterprises in (say) the United States where production
scale is geared to a continental or global market, and dependent on
suppliers and outlets thousands of miles away.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism