[p2p-research] thinking about leapfrogging

Josef Davies-Coates josef at uniteddiversity.com
Fri Oct 3 18:15:12 CEST 2008

2008/10/3 Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com>

> Vinay:
>

>> Hm. Well... I'm less judging of this stuff. People are animals, we evolved
>> to want more, as big a share of the pie as possible high social status and
>> so on.

Lots of humans simply want more happiness/ quality of life not more stuff.

And I don't think it is true at all that everyone wants as "big a share of
the pie as possible".

More is NOT always better, as more and more people seem to be becoming
aware.

> Advertisers etc. are symptoms of human nature

I don't believe in some kind of static conception of "human nature".

We evolve, don't we?

> , not corrupting forces.

Bill Hick wouldn't agree :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo