[p2p-research] Fwd: "YES! Magazine" sent you a message on Facebook...

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 01:32:51 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Facebook <notification+pjiidwm at facebookmail.com<notification%2Bpjiidwm at facebookmail.com>

Date: Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 8:10 AM
Subject: "YES! Magazine" sent you a message on Facebook...
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Susan Gleason sent a message to the members of YES! Magazine.

--------------------
Subject: David Korten - "Beyond the Bailout: Agenda For a New Economy"

Hi Friends,

Best-selling author and YES! board chair, David Korten, has a new commentary
on the current financial crisis. Please share with your networks!

-- Susan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beyond the Bailout: Agenda For a New Economy
by David Korten

The financial crisis has put to rest the myths that our economic
institutions are sound and markets work best when deregulated. Our economic
institutions have failed, not only financially, but also socially and
environmentally. This, combined with the election of a new president with a
mandate for change, creates an opportune moment to rethink and redesign.

President-elect Obama has promised to grow the economy from the bottom up.
That would be a substantial improvement over growing the top at the expense
of the bottom. The real need, however, is a bottom-up transformation of our
economic values and institutions to align with the imperatives and
opportunities of the 21st century. It involves a five part agenda: clean up
Wall Street, play by market rules, self-finance the real economy, measure
what we really want, and convert to debt-free money.

More:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.yesmagazine.org%2Fbeyondbailouts
--------------------

To reply to this message, follow the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=1006758698986

___
Want to control which emails you receive from Facebook? Go to:
http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?notifications&md=bXNnO2Zyb209NTUzNjkxMTI3O3Q9MTAwNjc1ODY5ODk4Njt0bz01MjgyNDU1NDc=

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: