[p2p-research] Mini nuclear plants to power 20,000 homes

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 04:30:05 CET 2008

Has anyone seen a good strategic assessment of 'p2p' solar power status?

Michel

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Chris Watkins <
chriswaterguy at appropedia.org> wrote:

> I'm with Kevin on this one - I'm skeptical about fission, especially from a
> safety and environmental impact perspective. Better to put the $ and effort
> into renewable energy. With work now being done on printable solar cells, we
> could be seeing cheap solar very soon (Vinay Gupta is convinced it's
> basically here now, about to be revealed).
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 02:45, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 17:58:17 PM -0600, Kevin Carson wrote:
>> > On 11/11/08, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
>>
>> > And what about the version of solar power they're working on at OSE,
>> > based on direct use of solar heat to power a steam turbine generator,
>> > instead of photovoltaics?
>>
>> Sounds good to me, but is it P2P?? :-)
>>

> If tt's OSE, it will surely be P2P.
>
> Solar thermal is I think the most competitive renewable option in most
> sunny areas,* in terms of what you can buy and build right now. (depends on
> local wind and geothermal, of course).
>
> Chris
>

>> > photovoltaic power may be a dead end.
>>
>> interesting. Links which support this thesis?
>>
>> Marco
>>
>> --
>> Your own civil rights and the quality of your life heavily depend on how
>> software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84

> Chris Watkins (a.k.a. Chriswaterguy)
>
> Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.
>
> blogs.appropedia.org
>
> I like this: five.sentenc.es

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: