[p2p-research] Mini nuclear plants to power 20,000 homes

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Fri Nov 14 18:34:04 CET 2008

I'm with Kevin on this one - I'm skeptical about fission, especially from a
safety and environmental impact perspective. Better to put the $ and effort
into renewable energy. With work now being done on printable solar cells, we
could be seeing cheap solar very soon (Vinay Gupta is convinced it's
basically here now, about to be revealed).

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 02:45, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 17:58:17 PM -0600, Kevin Carson wrote:
> > On 11/11/08, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
>
> > And what about the version of solar power they're working on at OSE,
> > based on direct use of solar heat to power a steam turbine generator,
> > instead of photovoltaics?
>
> Sounds good to me, but is it P2P?? :-)

If tt's OSE, it will surely be P2P.

Solar thermal is I think the most competitive renewable option in most sunny
areas,* in terms of what you can buy and build right now. (depends on local
wind and geothermal, of course).

Chris

> > photovoltaic power may be a dead end.
>
> interesting. Links which support this thesis?
>
> Marco
>
> --
> Your own civil rights and the quality of your life heavily depend on how
> software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84

Chris Watkins (a.k.a. Chriswaterguy)

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org

I like this: five.sentenc.es