[p2p-research] My letter to Obama

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:05:26 CET 2008

Hi Marco,

since this has come up a number of times, perhaps it would be interesting to
point out some kind of overview of the critiques leveled against certain
aspects of the E-R model?

Michel

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Kevin Carson <
free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/08, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 19:51:11 PM -0600, Kevin Carson wrote:
>
> >  > You can find a lot of good articles simpy by Googling Emilia-Romagna.
>
> > Thanks for posting the links in the other message, but why not reply
> >  to the list?
>
> Sorry, I meant to, but I keep forgetting this is one of those "reply all"
> lists.
>
> Anyway, the grey part of the picture is not the small
> >  cooperative which is just that, a small independent cooperative: power
> >  to them, I say. The problem is Unipol, LegaCoop and all the other
> >  organizations of that size. Keep that in mind, whenever you read about
> >  Emilia Romagna: only the small cooperatives free from certain circles
> >  are meaningful example. It's very important to only count and measure
> >  them as a measure of the success or failure of the advertised model
> >  (I'm not saying the model is a failure, mind you, only that it has to
> >  be analyzed with the right filter).
>
> I agree that there's a problem with the organizational forms of the
> new economy (flattened hierarchies, distributed production, etc.)
> being distorted by the old framework of corporate capitalism.   The
> important thing, though, is that the physical process of production is
> predominantly networked among local firms with local supply and
> distribution chains, and are far better capable of weathering Peak Oil
> and the larger economy's boom-bust cycle.
>
> --
> Kevin Carson
> Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism
> http://mutualist.blogspot.com
> Studies in Mutualist Political Economy
> http://www.mutualist.org/id47.html
> Anarchist Organization Theory Project
> http://mutualist.blogspot.com/2005/12/studies-in-anarchist-theory-of.html

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: