[p2p-research] My letter to Obama

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 05:38:42 CET 2008

On 11/11/08, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 19:51:11 PM -0600, Kevin Carson wrote:

>  > You can find a lot of good articles simpy by Googling Emilia-Romagna.

> Thanks for posting the links in the other message, but why not reply
>  to the list?

Sorry, I meant to, but I keep forgetting this is one of those "reply all" lists.

Anyway, the grey part of the picture is not the small
>  cooperative which is just that, a small independent cooperative: power
>  to them, I say. The problem is Unipol, LegaCoop and all the other
>  organizations of that size. Keep that in mind, whenever you read about
>  Emilia Romagna: only the small cooperatives free from certain circles
>  are meaningful example. It's very important to only count and measure
>  them as a measure of the success or failure of the advertised model
>  (I'm not saying the model is a failure, mind you, only that it has to
>  be analyzed with the right filter).

I agree that there's a problem with the organizational forms of the
new economy (flattened hierarchies, distributed production, etc.)
being distorted by the old framework of corporate capitalism.   The
important thing, though, is that the physical process of production is
predominantly networked among local firms with local supply and
distribution chains, and are far better capable of weathering Peak Oil
and the larger economy's boom-bust cycle.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism