[p2p-research] open innovation my ass

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 05:22:15 CET 2008

it's not just that, the notion of open innovation discussed here is of
cooperation between corporate r&d's,

not about open innovation involving open communities

for that, you have to be with eric von hippel,

Michel

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:06 AM, <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the impolite subject line
>
> I am researching Open Innovation models, and have just realised that the
> 'open innovation center' at berkely is
> anything but Open
>
> http://openinnovation.haas.berkeley.edu/openinnovation.html
>
> There are at least 4 ways to get involved, they say, and they all imply
> paying huge sums of money to the Center, and it also implies that they are
> intersted to work for their students (I presume berkeleys) and their
> clients.
> No way for other 'open innovation' experts (non Berkleys) to interact with
> them
>
> This attitude seems very obtuse and contrary to the spirit
>
> anyone from berkeley on this list care to comment?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Paola Di Maio
> School of IT
> MFU.ac.th

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: