[p2p-research] government transparency tools per country

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun May 25 07:23:42 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 12:04:09 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> Just in case somebody could help this: http://p2pfoundation.net/
> Government_Transparency

There is a chapter in the "Family Guide to Digital Freedom" (see
signature) titled "Does Free Speech exist?"

It deals exactly with the fact that we have (in some countries, at
least) freedom of speech and the right to control how the Goverment is
doing its work granted because, before the Internet, there was little
or none practical possibility anyway to practice these rights on a
large, really effective scale, so it wasn't a real treat for the
powers in charge.

I also urge parents, in that same chapter, to start using the
family PC just in this way, to get more control on their lives and in
the interest of their children.

This summer I will prepare the next edition of the Guide and surely
include a link to this page. In any case, everybody is welcome to send
any relevant links also to me directly, so I can mention it in the book.

TIA,
			Marco Fioretti
--
Your own civil rights and the quality of your own life heavily depend on
how software is used *around* you:        http://digifreedom.net/node/84