[p2p-research] Wikiworld

Tere Vadén tere.vaden at uta.fi
Wed Mar 19 10:05:43 CET 2008

Dear peers & peeresses,

We have finally published the open access book entitled "Wikiworld -
Political Economy and the Promise of Participatory Media" that has
already been mentioned on the list earlier. We hope that you find it of
interest in your work. Please feel free to download (pdf) and link the
book from http://wikiworld.wordpress.com

WIKIWORLD
Political Economy and the Promise of Participatory Media

In the digital world of learning there is a progressive transformation
from the institutionalized and individualized forms of learning to open
learning and collaboration. The book provides a critical view on the use
of new technologies and learning practices in furthering socially just
futures, while at the same time paying critical attention to the
constants, or “unmoved movers” of the information society development;
the West and Capitalism. The essential issue in the Wikiworld is one of
freedom – levels and kinds of freedom. Our message is clear: we write
for the radical openness of education for all.

Yours,

Juha Suoranta & Tere Vadén