[p2p-research] Paying Investors With Product Solves the Paradox of Profit in Perfect Competition

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:25:19 CET 2008

Patrick,

As you already know, I don't argue with your basic logic.

I personally am only saying that I think the motivation, the "filter"
through which people are processing reality, is **THE** reason why everyone
in the world has not already adopted the most efficient, and logically best
economic models and systems.

What you propose is really a "commons", and Robert Axelrod (
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~axe/) already figured out several decades ago
with his agent based modeling experiments that the only way that autonomous
agents will "win" the game of the "tragedy of the commons" is if they
"understand" or know the rules of the "game" they are playing (understand
that they are using a depletable commons, and autonomously work towards not
depleting it)

So, we live in a world where some people cannot understand the "game" they
are "playing". They thing they are "playing" a different "game" than
"tragedy of the commons". And, we won't be able to get them to see reality
any time in our lifetime.

So, how do we create something that resonates with their ways of solving
problems, and still tips the balance towards maintaining the commons of
planet earth?

In the case of User owner, I think it will resonate with some people as it
is. But, for those who it does not resonate with, "commons" must be reframed
into motives that will resonate with them enough to get them to participate,
but not enough to allow those motives to overtake and deplete. If we work
within existing systems, it will become more apparentas to how this is
possible. If we create a real world pilot project, that is. If we *try* the
idea.

So, I will commit to figuring out a way to *try* your idea. Will anyone else
reading this also commit? If not, not a problem, we can still try it. We
only need at minimum 2 people, and I assume that you would be one of those
people, Patrick.

--
Sam Rose
Social Synergy