[p2p-research] Capital Club

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 21:57:09 CET 2008

Vinay,

I hope not to sound negative for no reason.

I have a specific problem with NatCap that is all too common: The idea
of 'profit' (keeping price above cost) is seen as a *goal* instead of
a central *problem*.

For instance, from http://www.natcap.org/sitepages/pid5.php we read:
"Natural Capitalism describes a future in which business and
environmental interests increasingly overlap, and in which businesses
can better satisfy their customers' needs, increase profits, and help
solve environmental problems all at the same time."

As long as profit is considered a goal in itself, the troubles I am
trying to describe will persist.

To reiterate, why do you buy your car instead of renting?  If profit
is important, wouldn't you want to pay it?

Your peer,
Patrick