[p2p-research] One Web Day

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:49:18 CEST 2008

I wonder if someone would volunteer to be an ambassador for OWD and at least
post it on our blog and regular resources ...

I'm a little overwhelmed right now, and at least until I can get my normal
computer back, and some decent internet speed, I won't take it up now,

Michel

OneWebDay

Invitation Letter

Dear __________ -

Thank you for your continued interest in, and support of, OneWebDay.

As you know, the idea behind OneWebDay (Sept. 22 each year) is to create a
global constituency that cares about protecting and defending the internet,
at least in part by focusing attention on a key internet value (this year,
online participation in democracy) as well as local internet concerns
(connectivity, censorship, and individual skills). OneWebDay is an Earth Day
for the internet.

This is a huge effort – and we need your help.

I would like to invite you to join this critically important project as an
Ambassador – a key voice in the worldwide public campaign to raise
awareness, grow support, and direct public action to spread this project to
all reaches of the globe.

We are asking Ambassadors to take on two important roles: first, in the
short term, Ambassadors will help expand the reach of OneWebDay, by
introducing OneWebDay and the key messages behind it to new audiences. The
larger the audience you can tell about OneWebDay, the greater success the
project will have.

Second, in the longer term, Ambassadors will help to increase the overall
impact of OneWebDay itself, by helping identify ways that this year's online
democracy theme for OneWebDay can become a reality – at the local, national
and international levels. The World Wide Web provides opportunities for
citizens to participate in government and help craft policy, hold elected
officials accountable, and focus attention on issues. Your job is to help us
figure out how to make that happen.

Here's the ask: We want you to use your own platform, whatever it is, to
raise awareness about OneWebDay. We'd like you to choose a day between now
and Sept. 22 on which you'll begin that work. And we want you, as an
Ambassador, to help define the ways in which the internet can be used to
strengthen civic society around the globe. OneWebDay will offer guidance and
support, but this is your project, so we hope you will work hard to make it
a success.

Again, thank you for your interest and support. We want your help, and we
hope you will join us.

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: