[p2p-research] P2P inmates rehabilitation

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:33:37 CEST 2008

I have no knowledge of what is happening in prisons, but there are several
open source policing initiatives ... Let me know if you're interested,

Michel

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:12 AM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> Greetings, everybody.
>
> Still (happily) struggling here to set up the new freelance activity.
> I'd like to point you all, however, to an article of mine which
> finally was published.
>
> It deals with an interesting and, as far as I know, still uncommon
> variant of P2P "production", in this case of educational material, not
> just software. I believe you'll appreciate Ric thoughts on _why_ their
> program works better than the alternatives.
>
> Enough spoilers. Read the full story at
>
>       http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/072908-ex-inmates.html
>
> and let me know about any similar deployment, I may have the
> possibility for a second article.
>
> Cheers,
>                        Marco Fioretti
> --
> Your own civil rights and the quality of your life heavily depend on how
> software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: