[p2p-research] P2P Foundation 2008 fundraising drive: please support our efforts

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 12:48:20 CEST 2008

Dear Shirish,

Here's the paypal explanation.

I simply sent very short messages from within Payal, reminding people of the
general fundraising drive, but in that letter, they get an automatic email
button, "Accept", which automatically deducts the proposed amount from their
paypal account.

I think it is most of all the ultralow 'mental transaction cost', i.e.
clicking on just one button, that accounts for the success, not any secret
in the content of the message,

Michel

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:18 PM, shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  Michel it would have be essential to know what sort of mails did
> paypal send which invoked better response then the ones you sent.
>
> Another thing see if possibly google checkout should give a better
> service. The charges are lower then paypal while do also do know that
> not many people know about google checkout as told by Valentin.
>
> While not really relevant but one of the things would be to network
> with something like the "OLPC" project as well for they are also
> having same/similar questions although there target is children,
> learning, semantics, constructism and so on and so forth. There is
> lots to be gained there as well as far as understanding and the issues
> therein.
>
> For e.g. I'm looking forward as to when the open80211.s draft is
> ratified and can have products so I can buy a lappie (maybe OLPC
> itself at that time) which is 100% free of binary blobs.
>
> I do hope you do succeed in your fundraising activities.
> --
>  Regards,
>  Shirish Agarwal
>  This email is licensed under
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>
> 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: