[p2p-research] idea contracts for p2p energy efficiency

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:51:58 CEST 2008

I'm not an expert, but I presume some of you may be interested, and we can
use our p2p group to mutually support some projects?

Dear Michel,

please take the opportunity to be protagonist in the public consultation on
Information and Communication Technologies enabling energy efficiency

    http://ec.europa.eu/yourvoice/ipm/forms/dispatch?form=ICT4EE

and, besides filling in the consultation questionnaire with your ideas,
enjoy
also your participation in the Idea Market for enabling energy efficiency.
This
is our first attempt to engage our community in a purposeful collective
Living
Lab initiative.

Idea Markets rest on the concept of bringing a group of participants
together
via the Internet and allowing them to express their opinions through trading
idea-contracts. You can buy contracts of ideas you believe will be
successful
and sell them if you believe that will not perform as well as others or even
fail. Your goal is to maximize your portfolio, by buying low and selling
high!
Winners are rewarded!

By simply clicking at

    http://ictenergy.game-host.org/

you can insert your ideas (title + max 10 lines description) and buy/sell
contracts of ideas.

We draw your attention on the time duration of the market: it opens today on
4th
of July and ends on 21st of July. It will operate 24/7 so that you may
access
it whenever you have time. You should follow the market and buy and sell as
many
times as you can before market closure day.

The purpose of deploying IDEM in this context is to allow you to submit and
evaluate ideas (potential proposals to the EC) in the area of ICT for
Energy.

Capitalising commercially on excellent research capacities is a key European
challenge to be responded to. Representing advanced user-driven open
innovation
methodology, Living Labs pro-actively bridge this innovation gap between
information and communication technologies, applications and societal
challenges
by integrating all relevant actors into a flexible service and technology
innovation ecosystem.

While you may have an interest in several of the areas of the Public
Consultation, we do encourage you, while responding, to especially consider
the
potential effects of Living Labs and user-driven open innovation in the area
of
Structural Change, i.e. ICT-enabled structural changes for a low-carbon
society.
Enabling structural changes in Business/Work/Mobility models across the
economy
and society is the most challenging, least clear and yet potentially
greatest
area of opportunity.

Kind regards,
Roberto

Be cool. Get involved in the "hottest" issue on the Planet.

--

Roberto Santoro
President, European Society of Concurrent Engineering EsoCE-NET

Lesley Gavin
Futurologist, Research & Venturing, BT Group Chief Technology Office,
Co-chair of Restructuring consultation group, ICT for Energy Efficiency

Veli-Pekka Niitamo
Director, Nokia; Chair, Living Labs Portfolio Leadership Group
Co-chair of Restructuring consultation group, ICT for Energy Efficiency

Álvaro Oliveira
Managing Director, Alfamicro Lda.
Co-chair, Living Labs Portfolio Leadership Group

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: