[p2p-research] programming a direct democracy

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 06:54:44 CEST 2008

As I understand it, deliberative democracy is based on selecting (through
self-selection or trying to have a representative sample) a restricted
numbers of participants who can process the complex information for the
benefit of others?

As I see it, online deliberation can scale, but local-physical deliberation
has to take place in smaller groups to be effective.

I think it takes place 'before voting', so the critique of non-delegation
would not apply. Both approaches are compatible.

http://p2pfoundation.net/Deliberative_Democracy

Michel