[p2p-research] [p2pf] Re: Defining terms for clear communication

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:24:46 CET 2008

Hi Michel , Patrick , All ,

... hmm ... although I might not be an expert , in relation to this thread ,
I just realize its interesting to situate our communication midst
understanding of
*
... semantics ( ? ) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics
*
... pragmatics ( ? ) *
*
"Related to semantics is the field of **
pragmatics<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatics>,
which studies the practical use of signs by
agents<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent>or
communities <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community> of interpretation
within particular circumstances and contexts "
**
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatics

**" ... The ability to understand another speaker's intended meaning is
called **pragmatic competence. *"
*
... Meta-Pragmatics ( ? )**

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metapragmatics

" In anthropology <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_anthropology>,
describing the rules of use for metapragmatic speech (in the same way that a
grammar would describe the rules of use for 'ordinary' or semantic speech)
is important because it can aid the understanding and analysis of a
culture's linguistic ideology <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology>.* "

I guess we do not yet have a language that allows for visualizing the
specific definitions of each concept and meaning we want to express or build
on. We often get lost in our own interpretations of semantics , or in
redefining continually within a group what we might mean by a certain word ,
and according to the context.

The p2p foundation wiki might be useful in collecting and positioning
different views and definitions.

Yet I feel it does not yet facilitate building with simple complexity.

I feel a positioning of relations , post symbolic language can emerge soon.

I would be happy to work on this with anyone interested.

I imagine a dynamic positioning of concepts relational base software.

I m not fully sure about the details to technically build up such a tool for
a language of languages.

I imagine , as hypothesis , that with such a positioning of relations tool
we could see the conceptual object and its relations to all other conceptual
objects , at various levels of abstractions , directly on a screen , or in a
3d hologram navigation , while being able to add , compare , or build on
everyones languages , not only from different cultures and spoken languages
, but the different interpretation of every word according to the relations
every person might make from it ,

and based on this , it becomes easier to compare and build on our
differences ,
and create even more value , through difference ( as difference opens up new
opportunities for relations )

while also having a medium / new kind of support to visualize and build on
infinite levels of abstractions.

In the way I visualize it in head , it seems that on such a tool any concept
, process , ... can be related between each other , in some ways like a big
mind map , but a completely flexible mind map , that allows for multiple
levels of abstraction ( for example , being able to use one relation between
objects , as an object itself but at level of abstraction +1 , ... )

I ve been researching projects or ideas that might relate to such intention
,or could be used and inspire such a tool.

The list of links is availble under tags such as
http://del.icio.us/deliciousdante/ReferenceMaps
or http://del.icio.us/deliciousdante/visualization

for example ,
There are some softwares such as

http://prefuse.org/

but its not yet completely the kind of tool for a meta-cortex that I
imagine.

For every dynamic object to be able to see each other , I imagine there to
be some kind of gravity - some links in relation to quantum gravity can also
be found on
http://del.icio.us/deliciousdante/ReferenceMaps

I also like to imagine the combination of such a meta-cortex tool / dynamic
positioning or relations at various levels of abstraction ,

with a process dimensions engine software , for which details can be found
on http://oikoumene.coforum.net/processdimensions

I also guess cooperation could be possible with research departments in the
field of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_visualization

I ve already mentionned such perspective with some of you ,

and for those with which I did not share it with yet ,

If you know any related projects , feel free to let me know.

If you are interested in this topic , please lets get in touch.

I believe such kind of tool , such kind of meta language , or new form of
writing ,

has the capacity to build beyond , yet integrate , all writing systems
currently used and used throughout history  -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing_system  - including
syllabic<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllabary>and
alphabetic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet> ,
logographic<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logogram>, ... - , while also
integrating all different meanings of words according
to their contexts , throughout history ( as any kind of visualization option
, including historical and other contextual projections could be chosen )

When enough objects / concepts , ... relations at various levels of
abstraction are added , even when the sets of relations made would still be
in formation , by leaving it open for editing to everyone , and by allowing
further emergence through networking relational data bases ,

we will be able to visualize clouds , according to the perspective of
visualization chosen ,
of various meaning dimensions.

Meaning Dimensions , at the ability to create new relations collaboratively
based on their visualization , will allow a whole new path for communication
, beyond verbal language , yet also integrating verbal language , written
communication , of any language , any culture , any individual , any context
, ...

Greetings

Dante

http://oikoumene.coforum.net/DanteGabryell