[p2p-research] RealSocial certification of true distributed systems

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 05:37:43 CET 2008

Dear Kasper,

on your blog you mention realsocial.org and your opinion that

- I could think of three that would fit my criteria for being Real Social:
BeWelcome, Ripple <http://ripple.sf.net/> and Hitchwiki.  The capitalization
comes from the way the networks, its organization and the software is
developed.

I would like to associate the p2p foundation with that great initiative. By
relaying your choices in our Standards and/or Technology section.

If you agree, can you define some criteria for what are RealSocial, I would
assume 'truly distributed' architectures?

Then, why those 3 conform, and eventually over time we could add others. If
you agree to open up your iniative, I would suggest that Francois Rey and
Olivier Auber also have quite similar ideas and ambitions for true p2p
systems.

I think this is really really important!!

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=4549818267592301968&hl=en-AU

The work of the P2P Foundation is supported by
http://www.ws-network.com/04_team.htm