[p2p-research] ideas for geek platform

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 08:35:10 CET 2008

Perhaps this is the moment to express one of my wishes for the development
of our wiki in 2008.

As you perhaps know, the wiki has now  *6,407* total pages in the database,
of which *4,405* pages "that are probably legitimate content pages"
(according to the statistics page). These have generated a total of *
2,502,150* page views, in a period of 18 months or so.

So I think as a reference tool, this is quite good, and we now enter a new
phase of visualization's, see
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/announcing-a-new-p2p-meme-mapping-project-for-2008/2008/01/02

But my real wish is to make it more geared not just to reference, but as a
tool for current developments.

My idea is to somehow integrate the wiki with a blog and feeds, that would
be visible from within the same wiki page, not just link buttons to outside
material.

So my idea is that each sector page, would have: 1) the evolving
introduction (already there); 2) a blog for editorials; 3) integrated feeds
to the wiki updates, delicious feeds of specific related tags (mine and
others); and related blogs on the topic.

Would a mix between drupal and mediawiki do the trick. I really want to keep
the mediawiki going.

We have no funds for this, but the p2p-funding scheme I'm developping with
Sam, could serve to pay some of these development projects.

Anyways, that's my wish for 2008 ...

Michel

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=4549818267592301968&hl=en-AU

The work of the P2P Foundation is supported by
http://www.ws-network.com/04_team.htm