[p2p-research] mode of production shootout

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:54:01 CET 2008

Sam, Mich[a]el, and other researching peers,

Samuel Rose wrote:
> How do you see something like http://p2pfoundation.net/Neocommercialization
> fitting into these categories (if at all)?

Hey Sam.

I found Marcin's SourceOpen.org stuff maybe back in 2003 [
http://web.archive.org/web/20031231194735/http://www.sourceopen.org ]
when I was trying to get the "Permaculture Propagation Project" and
the more general "Communityism" ideas going.

I have alot of respect for his "Open Source Ecology", "Open Farm Tech"
and now "Neocommercialization" initiatives, and of course for your
help with them.

I've been thinking about this shootout idea for quite a while now, but
suddenly got the urge to work on it "in the open" before thinking it
through fully because that tends to only cause me too much
procrastination...

I definitely want to include more Modes, but have some questions/trouble:

1. I am not always sure what to name them.
2. The table is already kinda cramped.  Maybe we could break it into
two or more tables?
3. I'm not sure User:Mattcoop even considers "Open Enterprise" a Mode,
so would you please replace it for now with Neocommercialization (or
whatever title you prefer).

Michel Bauwens wrote:
> I would appreciate if you would introduce it to our blog readers, in a
> language that is accessible to laypeople not yet immersed in those debates,

Sorry to be daft, but I'm not really sure what you mean.

Maybe you could give it a go and I'll try to fill-in with whatever
seems missing (insert questions in your explanation if that will
help).