[p2p-research] Request for input: : 10 MOST IMPORTANT P2P TRENDS OF 2008

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 02:08:04 CET 2008

I would really like your input in creating this list.

Any other trends important for 2008? Don't hesitate to add descriptions/ URL
addresses/ new proposed items/ proposals for re-ordering ...

If you want your personal input to be formally recognized, please add your
comments via Ning, where I'll also be posting this,

Michel

10 MOST IMPORTANT P2P TRENDS OF 2008

1.      The election of President Obama using the internet as key platform
for mobilizing support

2.      The emergence and consolidation of open design communities and the
exploration of open manufacturing

3.      Renewed interest in localization and creation of platforms for Peak
Oil transitioning and permaculture/local agri-platforms

4.      Emergence of DIY Biology communities

5. The expansion of Creative Commons

6. The creation of new third spaces for open collaboration: the hub,
co-working, hacker spaces

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: