[p2p-research] open and free games

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 14:21:56 CET 2008

will check those 3 blogs out ... do you have the emails of anyone there?

Michel

On 12/23/08, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michel Bauwens wrote:
> > was wondering if you; or anyone you know; would be able to
> > write a short state of the art article on this emergence; for the p2p
> blog?
>
> My take is probably too simple.  I am interested in:
>
> 1.) Licensing traditions and the artificial separation of code and
> art. (For example, using CC for a texture or sound-effect when GNU
> [A]GPL would make the program more easily distributable and also
> insuring future User Freedom)
>
> 2.) Artisan defiance and sarcasm used to cut through corporate media
> stronghold to expose socially important issues.  (For example,
> http://Home.GNA.org/oomadness/en/slune  "'AIDS drugs are not available
> in Africa. It's here they would be the most usefull, tough
> pharmaceutical industries and USA has decided differently...'"
>
> 3.) What "Business Model" can be used to 'support' such activity.
> More generally: How can artisans specialize interdependently without
> excessive "Tit-for-Tat" value accounting.
>
> 4.) Using the best of each to make a nature simulation fostering
> player-defined notions of property, law, incorporation, government,
> tax, trade, etc. - so we can have a better "Mode of Production
> Shootout".
>

> Maybe someone from one these places would like to write such a "state
> of the art article":
> http://FreeGamer.BlogSpot.com
> http://HappyPenguin.org
> http://LibreGameWiki.org
>

> Patrick

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: