[p2p-research] Fwd: Toward 2012, Psychonautic License, Orgasmic Church

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 13:24:28 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Reality Sandwich <news at realitysandwich.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:47 AM
Subject: Toward 2012, Psychonautic License, Orgasmic Church
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

      [image: RealitySandwich.com]<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2258&qid=73862>
   *Psyche*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2260&qid=73862>
 *Eco*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2261&qid=73862>
 *Life*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2262&qid=73862>
 *Tech*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2263&qid=73862>
 *Commons*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2265&qid=73862>
 *Arts*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2267&qid=73862>

  You've dreamed of it, yearned for it, and now it's finally here! The first
Reality Sandwich anthology, *Toward 2012: Perspectives on the Next
Age*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2268&qid=73862>(Tarcher/Penguin),
will soon be rocking the shelves of bookstores near you.
The anthology features many of your favorite contributors and articles
covering a diverse array of topics, from shamanism to orgasm, sustainability
to Xenolinguistics. It makes for a great post-holiday gift - for yourself,
for your mom, and for fellow aspiring evolvers. The official pub date is
December 26. Pre-order early and help us get on the radar of bookstores and
the larger distributors, and perhaps some media coverage as well.

*Toward 2012 Book Tour*

Reality Sandwich is coming to a city near you! Join us for a night of
celebration, conversations, and community bonding as RS contributors read
from our first anthology. Invite friends, spread the word, and will the
transformation in your area. Date and details below:

*Manhattan, NY:* Daniel Pinchbeck, Ken Jordan, Anya Kamanetz, and Jonathan
Phillips will read at McNally Jackson, 52 Prince St b/t Lafayette and
Mulberry. Tues, Jan. 13, 7-9pm. More NYC readings TBA.

*Baltimore, MD:* Daniel Pinchbeck, Ken Jordan, Jonathan Phillips, and
Michael Robinson at Breathe Books, 810 W. 36th St. Tues, Feb. 3, 7-9pm.

*Boulder, CO:* Daniel Pinchbeck, Michael Garfield, Tristan Gulliford at the
Boulder Bookstore, 1107 Pearl St. Wed, Feb. 4, 7:30-9:30pm.

*Portland, OR:* Daniel Pinchbeck, Kal Cobalt, Paul Levy, and Taylor Ellwod
at Powell's on Burnside, 1005 W. Burnside. Tues, Feb. 17, 7-9pm.

*Capitola, CA:* Daniel Pinchbeck at Capitola Books, 1475 41st Ave. Tues,
Mar. 3, 7:30 – 9:30pm.

*Oakland, CA:* Erik Davis and Daniel Pinchbeck join forces at Diesel
Bookstore, 5433 College Ave., Thurs, Mar. 5, 7-9pm.

*Atlanta, GA:* ST Frequency, Adam Elenbaas, and an RS panel at ParkGrounds
Coffee Shop, 142 Flat Shoals Ave. SE, Sat, Feb. 21, 6pm.

* * *

*Other Upcoming Events*

*Footsteps in Africa: A Nomadic
Journey<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2269&qid=73862>
*: Catch a sneak preview of a cinematic journey featuring the ritualistic
survival of Saharan nomads. Discussion with director Kathi von Koerber,
editor CC Treadway, composer Jamshied Sharifi, and Daniel Pinchbeck. Wed,
Dec. 17, The Wild Project, 195 E 3rd St, NYC. 7pm doors, 8pm screening, $15.

*The Pharmacratic
Inquisition<http://www.realitysandwich.com/rsatl_pharmacratic_inquisition>
*: RS Atlanta returns with a special screening of Jan Irvin's provocative
documentary revealing how the Christian tradition relates to astrology and
shamanism. ParkGrounds Coffee Shop, 142 Flat Shoals Ave SE, Atlanta. Fri,
Dec. 12, 7:30pm. Free.

*North/South<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2270&qid=73862>
*: RS is a media sponsor of DJ Spooky's multi-media installation, showcasing
his four weeks in Antarctica. Robert Miller Gallery, 524 W. 26 St. NYC.
Thurs, Jan. 8.

* * *

*New Articles*

We publish new stories on Reality Sandwich daily, M-F. Below are teasers for
recent highlights. We hope you will enjoy these articles and share them with
your compatriots:

*The Present of
Presence<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2271&qid=73862>
*: Daniel Pinchbeck asks, "What comes after capitalism?"

*A Psychonautic
License<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2272&qid=73862>
*: Ido Hartogsohn proposes the psychedelic university.

*Following Footsteps<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2273&qid=73862>
*: Kathi von Koerber plumbs the mystical depths of the Tuareg.

*Yoga and Vegetarianism<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2274&qid=73862>
*: Sharon Gannon on mindfulness and a good meal.

*Magic<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2275&qid=73862>
*: Taylor Ellwood says it's more than just finding parking spaces.

*Toward a New Economic
Order<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2276&qid=73862>
*: Thomas H. Greco wants to reinvent money.

*Entheogenic Spirituality as a Human
Right<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2277&qid=73862>
*: Martin W. Ball on true freedom of religion.

*Sex in the News<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2278&qid=73862>
*: Jamye Waxman explores divine pleasure in the Church of Orgasm.

*Undermining Abundance<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2279&qid=73862>
*: Roberto Verzola explains the big business of creating scarcity.

*The Arithmetic of
Compassion<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2280&qid=73862>
*: David Ulansey calls for fair consumption.

*The Sound of Ice<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2281&qid=73862>
*: DJ Spooky ventures to Antarctica

*Reuniting the Self<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2282&qid=73862>
*: Charles Eisenstein on autoimmunity, obesity and the ecology of health.

*Shaman's Stash<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2284&qid=73862>
*: 2,7000 year-old-shaman is found buried with 28 ounces of marijuana.

* * *

*Reality Sandwich's Featured Contributor: ST
Frequency<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2285&qid=73862>
*

ST Frequency is the alias most associated with Atlanta-based writer and
musician Stephen Thomas. As part of the artist collective Kids with
Codenames, ST has organized electronic music events and has self-released
several eclectic EPs. He holds a BA in English from Georgia State University
and has studied British and American Culture at the University of
Northumbria at Newcastle. ST Frequency is a contributing editor at Reality
Sandwich and an organizer for RS events in Atlanta. His interview with
"Footsteps in Africa" director Kathi von Koerber can be read
*here*<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2273&qid=73862>.

RS: What brought you to Reality Sandwich?

A. As a longtime fan of Daniel Pinchbeck's work, I was a regular visitor to
the forums at BreakingOpentheHead.com. I got that "knowing" feeling when I
saw Daniel's request for contributors for a new web magazine, and quickly
got to work on a few demo pieces, which became among the first to run on
Reality Sandwich! As a contributing editor and, most recently, an organizer
for local RS events in Atlanta, I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity
to connect with all our readers and to be of service in furthering this
visionary community. It's been truly magical, and the best writing gig I
could imagine.

RS: What transformations do you hope to see in your lifetime?

A. That's a tough question, as I'm daily wondering exactly what the near
future has in store for us. But whatever may come, I am certain that our
quirky camp of evolutionaries will blaze the way into the next age. I
encourage all who read this to take an active role in the transitioning --
organizing RS events in your hometown is a great start!

* * *

Cheers,

Daniel, Ken, Jonathan, Michael, Steven, ST, Kris, Jennifer, Maya, Jon,
Caroline and the rest of the Reality Sandwich team.

*Opt Out*<optOut-1-169-73862-35eb803a698425e65b82b26e24fb72eee720b355 at realitysandwich.com>

[image: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/]<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2287&qid=73862>
RealitySandwich.com is Empowered By
CivicActions<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2288&qid=73862>,
Creative Direction by
nowhereNYC.com<http://www.realitysandwich.com/sites/realitysandwich.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2289&qid=73862>
All Content

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: