[p2p-research] query on Money Publications?

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 02:22:50 CET 2008

This discussion has led me to update the Model's Limits, as follows:

Model's Limits

"This model subscribes to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and thermodynamic
theory in general, including statistical thermodynamics, but it's different
enough than previous attempts (in
Thermoeconomics<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoeconomics>)
to warrant a new attempt. In addition, its timing, which coincides with the
collapse of the current economic model (see: global economic meltdown 2008,)
is decisively better.

Having said that, if the economy as a whole fails to produce more goods and
services as a result of cheaper more abundant energy, e.g. people decide not
to, then this model will not work.

More generally, while nature always abides by the laws of thermodynamics,
man always has a choice.

However, over the long range, and statistically speaking, human
civilizations are driven by the same laws as nature.

So while it's up to the people to make this model work, since man has been
part of nature for so long, and has tried to overrule it for so long,
unsuccessfully, and is now trying to make up for it, I think that man is
ready to adopt an economic model driven by the laws of nature, not the
dictations or desires of man. In other words, the success of this model is
based on the wisdom of man, which is something that cannot be modeled (see
also: Affinity Matrix.)"

--

Among the other changes in 0.20.3 is the following:

(Excerpted from Affinity Matrix for P2P Trading)

If we think of money as a neutral carrier of power (the power, as a buyer,
to give to the seller of things you want/need to have) as well as
information (the criteria for giving the power to the seller of the things
you want/need to have), then money becomes a tool, like any other tool, and,
while it can be used for good or bad, if we frame it as a tool and encourage
the buyer to use intelligently (per their use of this affinity matrix,) with
transparency required on the part of the seller, then most people will use
it for good. Having said that, what is "good" (or what "goodness" is) is a
non-computable judgment, whereas the non-universal axioms (or starting
truths) of this model are founded on deductive and probabilistic logic. So
in order to keep this model logical, the preceding statement, that most
people will use this abundant-resource-based (or abundance-based)
'programmable money' for good, should not be taken a basic fact (or starting
truth) of this model but rather as this author's own non-computable
judgment<http://evolvingtrends.wordpress.com/2008/12/06/non-computable-judgments/>of
what is "true."

--

Thank you for initiating the discussion.

I was, and still, looking for names of academic journals that are open to
non-orthodox views of what is an economy ... :D