[p2p-research] new crowdsourcing book is out

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 04:14:24 CEST 2008

Hi Sam,

as you will have seen in the blog, I share your reservations about the
crowdsourcing concept and practice but unfortunately, we do not control the
use of language

Jeff's book is good for documentary purposes, lots of examples and
background to cases that may be familiar only by reference, but as usual,
and this is well described in Adam's new draft introduction to his new
ethical economy book, these type of books gloss over many things that are
analytically important ....

They do not advance any theoretical understanding of the underlying
processes,

Michel

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: