[p2p-research] from a us intelligence briefing

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 20:27:24 CEST 2008

Hi Stan,

I agree, BUT:

- does capitalist society even gives a choice as to what life path
needs to be taken? many women (and men) would like to stay home a few
years to take care of the children, but cannot

- having children today, with no support system to speak off, is very
difficult and means the death of a full career option for women ...

- does not productivism ensures that any life choice that is not
geared toward material accumulation, is considered to be second rate?

So, I think your empowering story is only part of the story.

I don't agree with the analysis of the author, but an empowerment that
kills the race doesn't seem to have staying power ... We are not
facing any stagnation of the population, but a totally downward trend.

So rather than the count on technology to deal with declining birth
rates, I would opt for social policies that give true freedom of
choice, as the Scandinavians have been doing,

Michel