[p2p-research] Fwd: Yi-Tan Tech Community Call 178 - Mobility in the Economist - 1:30pm EDT, Monday April 21, 2008

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 08:57:54 CEST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jerry Michalski <jerry at sociate.com>
Date: Apr 19, 2008 6:12 AM
Subject: Yi-Tan Tech Community Call 178 - Mobility in the Economist - 1:30pm
EDT, Monday April 21, 2008
To: Yi-Tan List <Yi-Tan at googlegroups.com>

 Greetings,

    The Economist recently published an in-depth piece on mobility and its
effects on everything from work and family life to language and kids. (It
also quotes Pip and describes Coburn Ventures' virtual habitat.)

On autonomous nomads, the article quotes Paul Saffo, who says, "anybody who
works for himself has a tyrant as a boss." Right on.

With the special report's author, Andreas
Kluth<http://www.yi-tan.com/wiki/yi-tan/andreas_kluth?wikiPageId=1386170>,
let's discuss:

   - What social effects have we seen so far from the technologies of
   mobility?
   - How have these effects changed business? What opportunities have
   they created?
   - Where might these forces be headed?
   - What happens to privacy? Our sense of time and place?

As always, an IRC
Chat<http://www.yi-tan.com/wiki/yi-tan/irc_chat?wikiPageId=163280>will
be available during the call,
here.

Date:    Monday, April 21, 2008

Time:    10:30 PDT, 1:30 EDT

Primary Dial-in Number:

1-800-615-2900 (Toll Free in USA and Canada)

1-661-705-2005 (for callers outside the USA and Canada)

Participant Access Code:

778778

Wiki goodness at *www.yi-tan.com *

Please feel free to forward this note to people you think would be
interested in these calls.

Talk to you on the call!

Bestest,

Jerry

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: