[p2p-research] Capital and Class issue

Phoebe Moore P.Moore at salford.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 15:30:11 CET 2007

Hi all

After my call for papers for the special edition emerging from our workshop on p2p production at Nottingham Trent, I have received 5 abstracts, three papers, and 2 possible inclusion statements, many thanks to all of you. If you haven't submitted one to me, please do so and I'll include you. Please include a short bibliography as well.

In the special issue I want to put the question of 'ethical economy/ies' at the forefront because I think this discussion brings up a lot of important points as well as questions regarding measurement of value, and exchange relations 'outside' of capitalism, and so far I have been given both proposals that critique, and advocate p2p as an arena for these possibilities. The proposals so far represent the discussion that is taking place more broadly and Capital and Class will be an excellent forum for this discussion.

The AGM for the journal is tomorrow and I've 'warned' them of my intention to create this special issue. I'll be in touch with you after the meeting with more details of what will be required. At this rate, the papers will not need to be very long and I'd probably make a deadline for next March or so (just something to bear in mind).

Many thanks
Phoebe

Dr Phoebe Moore

Lecturer in International Relations

English, Sociology, Politics and Contemporary History & European Studies Research Institute

University of Salford

Crescent House, Salford

Manchester, M54WT

T: 0161 295 6033

F: 0161 295 5077

IR & Politics: http://www.espach.salford.ac.uk/politics/irp.php <https://staffwebmail.salford.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.espach.salford.ac.uk/politics/irp.php>

ESRI: http://www.esri.salford.ac.uk <https://staffwebmail.salford.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.esri.salford.ac.uk>

My new book: http://www.amazon.com/Globalisation-Labour-Struggle-Asia-Neo-Gramscian/dp/1845113780/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product/104-8703029-9815921 <https://staffwebmail.salford.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.amazon.com/Globalisation-Labour-Struggle-Asia-Neo-Gramscian/dp/1845113780/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product/104-8703029-9815921>