[p2p-research] list admin settings

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 07:33:27 CET 2007

Hi Ned,

I think the problem is also that it doesn't accept the address to be in the
cc position, which is unfortunate, as it automatically reconfigures any
reply like this ....

I got a lot of counces because of that,

Michel

On Nov 30, 2007 6:11 AM, Ned Rossiter <ned at nedrossiter.org> wrote:

> dear all
>
> I'm getting a number of postings automatically bounce to the list
> admin address (mine) because some of you are either:
>
> - posting from an address you are not subscribed to the list with
> - attachments are included in the post
> - postings are more than the 100k setting (which is large for ascii/
> plain text)
>
> The reasons for these standard/automated list settings were outlined
> in my first post, abbreviated below:
>
> From:     ned at nedrossiter.org
> Subject:        [p2p-research] welcome to p2p research list
> Date:   21 November 2007 23:45:50 GMT+00:00
> To:       p2presearch at listcultures.org
>
> [...]
>
> you are all seasoned list-serv folks, I'm certain. nonetheless,
> perhaps it is worth signaling the defaults of this mailing list:
>
> - in most instances attachments will automatically be rejected due to
> size (100kb limit)
> - but please do not send attachments to the list: they will not be
> registered in the archives, and they are a good way of spreading
> potential viruses.
> - so attachments - like the fantastic free beer that Athina kindly
> passed around - are best mailed through the cc list.
> - in other words: keep text plain/ascii.
>
> [...]
>
> So please take note of them (the reasons are valid in my view), and
> if you have attachments, then send via the cc. list of emails.
>
> best
>
> Ned

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=4549818267592301968&hl=en-AU

The work of the P2P Foundation is supported by
http://www.ws-network.com/04_team.htm