[p2p-research] Gift Nodes/Exchange Nodes

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:24:13 CET 2007

We have not had too much that people could engage beyind a blog, and an
understandably invitation-only wiki

But, we can change that, I think. I recommend that we first follow the steps
that we are taing to attract and build community more amongst ourselves
p2presearch at listcultures.org is one step in the right direction, and
http://www.socialtext.net/p2pworld/index.cgi are good, and we should also
eventually have a public-accessible extension of these spaces. Perhaps not
right away, but we can talk collectively about how we would like to see
emerge, to put together the best insights of everyone concerned and
interested.

I was thinking that we might make a public-facing extension of our otherwise
private http://socialsyneryweb.com/resource pool, eventually, that can hook
into this "gift node" system. Users of this part of the "site" would not
have access to the private resoruce pool section. Basically, our internal
group could opt to make some of the "gifts" or in-kind donations they are
offering the private group, public, and these could then be listed on the
public "list". This is just a proposal, what do you think? This is similar
to what Andrius expressed that he might like to do with
http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Gifts basically giving worknets group folks
the option to also list their "gifts" or "needs" in the greater gift node
network...

email: samuel.rose at gmail.com