[p2p-research] p2p resource pooling

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:20:06 CET 2007

very quickly, just one response, see below, more later

On Nov 26, 2007 6:02 AM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, for simple donation, it is legal in the US, too. There is a
> requirement to pay taxes by the person doing the donation in the us, but
> only if reach a certain amount per year:
>
> http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=164872,00.html
>
> I think that for a simple system, we should be ok. The christian sharing
> groups you refer to don't have much in the way of legal infrastructure. They
> just do it.
>

> So, let's recap what we have so far:
>

>    - Participants donate fixed amount of 5 euro per month
>    - 40% given back to contributors in a monthly pool of money (Michel,
>    maybe you can clarify what you meant here? Did you mean that 40% is divided
>    up evenly by the amount of participants and given back them?)

See http://p2pfoundation.net/Rotating_Savings_and_Credit_Associations

the principle is simple, you make the total of all contributions that month,
and take 40%, that sum is simply given to each member of the pool in turn,
according to some alphabetic, chronological, or lottery based order ....;
the advantage is that you have a sizeable sum to invest, that you would not
have saved on your own, but have access to thanks to the pooling; so one
individual gets the full 40% each month

the other 40% is donated to a concrete project, as in 'needs sharing'
practiced by the christians