[p2p-research] welcome to p2p research list

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 05:56:01 CET 2007

Thank you so much Ned for this assistance!

I have announced the initiative here at
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/launching-a-p2p-research-list-for-discussion/2007/11/24

Paul, could you write up something similar for the socialtext wiki forum?

For the people on the other p2p lists in cc: p2presearch is where the more
substantial discussions about topics will take place, please consider
joining.

Subscription is possible at

On Nov 22, 2007 6:45 AM, Ned Rossiter <ned at nedrossiter.org> wrote:

> hi all, great to meet all of you who could make it to the p2p meeting
> in nottingham.  and for those who couldn't make it - greetings.
>
> you are all seasoned list-serv folks, I'm certain. nonetheless,
> perhaps it is worth signaling the defaults of this mailing list:
>
> - in most instances attachments will automatically be rejected due to
> size (100kb limit)
> - but please do not send attachments to the list: they will not be
> registered in the archives, and they are a good way of spreading
> potential viruses.
> - so attachments - like the fantastic free beer that Athina kindly
> passed around - are best mailed through the cc list.
> - in other words: keep text plain/ascii.
>
> You probably noticed a fairly generic summary of the list in the auto-
> generated welcome you received:
>
> p2p research is a mailing list that investigates the political,
> economic and social dimensions of peer-to-peer networks.
>
> if anyone wants that changed, feel free to write a new line.
>
> And if anyone would rather be taken off this list, just let me know
> (or unsubscribe yourself). Or if you would rather not have more mail
> dropping into your inbox, or filtered to whatever box, then you can
> always select the option to receive no mail, but still be able to
> post to the list, reading through an rss of the archive:
>
> http://listcultures.org/pipermail/p2presearch_listcultures.org/
>
> looking forward to seeing how this research group develops then,
>
> Ned - with thanks to the Institute of Network Cultures for hosting
> the list

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=4549818267592301968&hl=en-AU

The work of the P2P Foundation is supported by
http://www.ws-network.com/04_team.htm